The National Test Pilot School offers the best value in flight test training in the world. NTPS is located and uses the best flight test area in the United States, the R-2508 Complex used also by Edwards AFB and China Lake NAS. NTPS has modern facilities employing the latest technologies including specialized laboratories and simulators, weapons ranges and telemetry systems. Many of the more than thirty aircraft operated by NTPS are instrumented for flight test training and no other school owns the variety of specially acquired aircraft to support flight test training. Flight simulators are used to bridge the gap between classroom and cockpit to allow students to explore flight environments that cannot be safely duplicated in flight. The NTPS flight instructors have an average of twenty (20) years flight test experience and an average of ten (10) years of test pilot instructional experience at various test pilot schools.
NTPS is the leader in innovative and customized total flight test training in the world. Innovations include:
- The first to offer an alternative to military test pilot schools.
- The first to offer the professional course in modules to improve the student learning experience and to support continuous professional development.
- The first in conferring professional and academic Master level degrees.
- The first to offer Pre-TPS courses to help bridge the gap to a very demanding course.
- The first to make avionics systems testing 50 percent of the professional course content, following feedback from our customers.