Flight Test Instructor - National Test Pilot School
Position Title: Flight Test Instructor
Worksite: Mojave, CA
The National Test Pilot School is seeking a Flight Test Instructor to join our team of professionals to deliver the world’s premier total flight test training and education across the spectrum of our Professional Courses, Short Courses, and Masters Degrees. You will work as part of a close team focused on developing and delivering NTPS flight test course material to a world-wide customer base. In this role you will be conducting ground and airborne instruction to both pilot and engineer students. Although you will be expected to instruct in all aspects of the school curriculum, you will be focused heavily on delivery of courses related to Avionics, Electronics, and Weapons Systems flight testing in both the military and civil certification environments.
You should have excellent interpersonal skills that will allow you to relate and work well with people with a wide range of experience and from diverse cultural backgrounds. You must be able to explain inherently complex subjects in a manner that can be assimilated and applied by all students. You must be a self-starter, motivated to excel, and passionate about teaching flight test to the next generation.
- Master’s Degree in engineering (or closely related field) or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three years of flight test experience (civil or military)
- Fluent in English
- Skilled in Microsoft Office products
Desired Education and Experience Qualifications:
- TP or FTE Graduate of a SETP recognized Test Pilot School
- Ten years of flight test experience (civil or military)
- Previous instructional experience (civil or military)
- Systems Flight Test and/or Operational Experience in one or more of the following areas: Avionics, RADAR, EO/IR, NVIS, and Weapons.
- Specialized test and certification experience in Avionics Systems (Part 23/25/27/29) and UAV/UAS/OPV/RPV
- P&FQ flight test experience (military and civil certification)
- Able to obtain a FAA Class III (or higher) Medical Certificate
Interested parties should send a cover letter and detailed resume to: