The National Test Pilot School is looking to fill a Rotary Wing Test Pilot Instructor position. You will work as part of a close team developing and delivering Rotary Wing flight test course material. In this role you will be delivering ground and airborne instruction to both pilot and engineer students. You will be expected to teach all aspects of the RW performance and flying qualities curriculum and some aspects of the systems curriculum based on your prior experience. You should have excellent interpersonal skills that will allow you to relate and work well with people with a wide range of experience and from diverse cultural backgrounds. You must be able to explain inherently complex subjects in a manner that can be assimilated and applied by all students.
Position Title: Rotary Wing Test Pilot Instructor
Worksite: Mojave, CA
Education, Training & Experience Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in engineering (or closely related field) or equivalent
- Graduate of a SETP recognized test pilot school (NTPS, USAFTPS, USNTPS, EPNER, ETPS, India, Brazil)
- Minimum of three years of experience as a RW experimental test pilot
- Class II FAA Medical or equivalent
- Fluent in English
- Skilled in Microsoft Office products
Education, Training & Experience Desirable Criteria:
- Ten years of RW flight test experience
- Previous instructional experience (civil or military)
- FAA Commercial; Rotorcraft-Helicopter, Instrument Helicopter
- EASA CPL(R) with Category I Test Pilot and Flight Test Instructor Ratings
- Fixed wing single & multi engine experience and FAA CPL/CFI Ratings
- Flight test and operational experience with night vision devices, electro optics/FLIR systems, rotary wing weapons systems, and helicopter modern flight control systems/fly by wire.
- Flight test experience utilizing ADS-33.
- RW Civil Certification Flight Test experience
Interested parties should contact: