The National Test Pilot School (NTPS) is the world’s leading total flight test training and education organization, and we are looking to fill an IT Web Developer position. You will work as part of a close team helping to train the next generation of international flight test professionals. The position involves the operation, management, and maintenance of all systems software at the school.
The NTPS IT Web Developer is responsible for handling all Information Technology (IT) software aspects related to the school. Responsibilities include but are not limited to end user support, internal and external website maintenance and configuration, system security, and database application management. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Web administration of public websites and internal database sites (Joomla/Fabrik/CPanel/WordPress).
- Use of web programming languages on multiple applications (HTML, PHP).
- Database design and administration of internal database sites (MS Access, MySQL).
- Maintain School websites by updating content, completing backups, and upgrading software.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, secure, and optimize the company web-based database application.
- Maintain Configuration Control over multiple critical systems.
- Recommend, configure, and deploy company software for staff and student use.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, secure, and optimize workstations running windows 7/8/10/11.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, secure, and optimize servers running Windows Server 2022.
- Oversight and maintenance of IT security as well as information assurance.
- Work directly with faculty and students to resolve technical problems.
- Maintain network security via monitoring, analysis, and carrying out vulnerability assessments.
- Adhere to network policies and procedures; develop new policies/procedures as required.
- Support and monitor a multi-tiered backup and recovery solution.
- Recommend, configure, and deploy company hardware for staff and student use.
- Support student IT requirements including photo/video documentation, differential GPS installation and data download and processing.
Experience and Education Requirements
- At least 5 years work experience as a hands-on Web Developer
- Demonstrated knowledge of website Content Management Systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software coding (PHP).
- Demonstrated knowledge of MySQL database design and administration.
- Demonstrated Knowledge of security concepts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of version control.
- Strong documentation and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering.
- 5 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems (CentOS).
- Windows scripting (Logon, Batch, PowerShell).
- Knowledge of Active Directory.
- Windows, Network and Security Certifications a plus.
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2022.
- Knowledge of Hyper-V.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7/8/10/11.
- Knowledge of network design and configuration.
Physical Requirements/Working Environments
- Full time role (40-hour work week).
- Able to work flexible hours as needed to support the NTPS mission.
- Able to perform lifting up to and including fifty pounds.
NTPS offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program. Benefits include: Company sponsored medical, dental and vision coverage (100% paid for employee), 401K with generous employer match, Paid Time Off (PTO) beginning at three weeks, 9 paid holidays, Life/AD&D Insurance (company provided) etc.
Job type: Full-time
Salary Range: $85,000 - $100,000 per year.