Position: Flight Test Engineer Instructor
Location: National Test Pilot School, Mojave, CA
Come and join the World’s Test Pilot School! The National Test Pilot School is the World’s Leading Total Flight Test Training and Education Organization, an EASA certified ATO, and the only Accredited Test Pilot School.
NTPS is looking to hire an outstanding Flight Test Engineer Instructor to join our cadre of flight test professionals. You will work as part of a team developing and delivering flight test course material both live on-campus and live/recorded video for distance learning. You will be teaching all aspects of both academic and airborne instruction of the P&FQ and Systems curriculum to both Test Pilot and Flight Test Engineer students. You should have excellent interpersonal skills that will allow you to work well with people having a wide range of experience and diverse cultural backgrounds. You must be able to explain complex subjects in a manner that can be assimilated and applied by all students.
Required Education, Training, & Experience Criteria:
- Graduate of a SETP recognized Test Pilot School.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or field closely associated with flight testing.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a flight test engineer.
- Able to qualify for a FAA Medical 3rd Class.
- Fluent in English.
Desired Education, Training, & Experience Criteria:
- Ten+ years of flight test experience.
- Previous Test Pilot School instructional experience.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or field closely associated with flight testing.
- Test experience with Civil Certification, Radar, EO/IR, Comm/Nav, and/or weapons systems.
- NVG and/or Helmet Mounted Display experience.
NTPS offers a competitive salary, 401k retirement plan, and benefits package. There is occasional travel associated with this position for field trips, student projects, course presentation, and consulting.
Interested parties should provide a cover letter and resume/CV to: