The National Test Pilot School is looking to fill a Fixed Wing Test Pilot Instructor position. You will work as part of a close team developing and delivering Fixed Wing and Systems flight test course material. In this role you will be delivering ground and airborne instruction to both pilot and engineer students. You will be expected to teach all aspects of the Fixed Wing and Systems curriculum, based on your experience. You should have excellent interpersonal skills that will allow you to relate and work well with people with a wide range of experience and from diverse cultural backgrounds. You must be able to explain inherently complex subjects in a manner that can be assimilated and applied by all students.
Position Title: Fixed Wing Test Pilot Instructor.
Worksite: Mojave, CA.
Education, Training & Experience Required Criteria:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering (or closely related field) or equivalent.
- Test Pilot Graduate of an SETP recognized test pilot school
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a Fixed Wing experimental test pilot.
- Class II FAA medical or equivalent.
- Fluent in English.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office products.
Education, Training & Experience Desirable Criteria:
- Ten years of Fixed Wing flight test experience.
- Test experience with Civil Certification, Radar, EO/IR and Comm/Nav systems.
- Previous test pilot school instructional experience (civil or military).
- FAA Commercial Pilot License with Airplane, Single-Engine & Multi-Engine, Instrument & CFI ratings.
- EASA Commercial Pilot License with Category I Test Pilot and Flight Test Instructor ratings.
- Rotary Wing Flight Test Experience
NTPS offers a competitive salary, 401k retirement plan, and benefits package. There is occasional travel associated with this position for field trips, student projects, course presentation, and consulting.
Interested parties should provide cover letter and resume/CV to: