Position Title: Flight Test Engineer Instructor.
Worksite: Mojave Air and Space Port, CA.
Come and join the Worlds Test Pilot School! The National Test Pilot School is the World’s Leading Total Flight Test Training and Education Organization and we are looking to fill a Flight Test Engineer Instructor position. You will work as part of a close team developing and delivering Performance, Flying Qualities and Systems flight test course material. In this role you will be teaching both ground and airborne instruction to test pilot and flight test engineer students. You can anticipate teaching all aspects of the Performance and Flying Qualities and Systems curriculum. You should have excellent interpersonal skills that will allow you to relate and work well with people with a wide range of experience and from diverse cultural backgrounds. You must be able to explain inherently complex subjects in a manner that can be assimilated and applied by all students.
Required Education, Training & Experience Criteria:
- Flight Test Engineer Graduate of an SETP recognized test pilot school
- Undergraduate and Advanced degrees in Engineering or Flight Test related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Flight Test Engineer.
- Fluent in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and engineering software tools.
Desired Education, Training & Experience Criteria:
- Ten years of flight testing experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a RW Performance and Flying Qualities Flight Test Engineer.
- Test experience with Civil Certification, Radar, EO/IR, NVG and Comm/Nav systems.
- Previous test pilot school or college instructional experience.
NTPS offers a competitive salary, 401k retirement plan, and benefits package. There is occasional travel associated with this position for field trips, student projects, course presentation, and consulting.
Interested parties should provide cover letter and resume/CV to: