Position Title: Rotary Wing Test Pilot Instructor.
Worksite: Mojave, CA.
Come and join the World’s Test Pilot School! The National Test Pilot School is the World’s Leading Total Flight Test Training and Education Organization and we are looking to fill a Rotary Wing Test Pilot Instructor position. You will work as part of a close team developing and delivering Rotary Wing and Systems flight test course material. In this role you will be teaching both ground and airborne instruction to test pilot and flight test engineer students. You can anticipate teaching all aspects of the Rotary Wing P&FQ and Systems curriculum. If FW qualified you can also expect to do some FW instruction. You should have excellent interpersonal skills that will allow you to relate and work well with people with a wide range of experience and from diverse cultural backgrounds. You must be able to explain inherently complex subjects in a manner that can be assimilated and applied by all students.
Required Education, Training & Experience Criteria:
- Test Pilot Graduate of an SETP recognized Test Pilot School (Long Course)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or field closely related to flight testing.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience as a Rotary Wing experimental test pilot.
- Class II FAA medical or equivalent.
- Fluent in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
Desired Education, Training & Experience Criteria:
- Ten years of Rotary Wing flight test experience.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, or field closely related to flight testing (or significant equivalent experience).
- Previous test pilot school instructional experience.
- Test experience with Civil Certification, Radar, EO/IR & Comm/Nav systems.
- FAA Commercial Pilot License; Rotorcraft (Helicopter), Instrument & CFI ratings.
- EASA Category I Test Pilot rating & Flight Test Instructor rating.
- FAA Commercial Pilot License; Airplane (Single-Engine & Multi-Engine Land).
- NVG or Helmet Mounted Display experience.
NTPS offers a competitive salary, 401k retirement plan, and benefits package. There is occasional travel associated with this position.
Interested parties should provide cover letter and resume/CV to: