Position Title: Fixed Wing Test Pilot Instructor.
Worksite: Mojave, CA.
Come and join the World’s Test Pilot School! The National Test Pilot School is the World’s Leading Total Flight Test Training and Education Organization and we are looking to fill a Fixed Wing Test Pilot Instructor position. You will work as part of a close team developing and delivering Fixed Wing and Systems flight test course material. In this role you will get down and dirty teaching both ground and airborne instruction to test pilot and flight test engineer students. You can anticipate teaching in all aspects of the Fixed Wing P&FQ and Systems curriculum. You should have excellent interpersonal skills that will allow you to relate and work well with people with a wide range of experience and from diverse cultural backgrounds. You must be able to explain inherently complex subjects in a manner that can be assimilated and applied by all students. Come on! Check us out.
Required Education, Training & Experience Criteria:
- Test Pilot Graduate of an SETP recognized test pilot school (Full 12 month/Cat 1/Class A course)
- Master’s/Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or closely related to flight testing field (or significant equivalent experience).
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a Fixed Wing experimental test pilot.
- Class II FAA medical or equivalent.
- Fluent in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
Desired Education, Training & Experience Criteria:
- Ten years of Fixed Wing flight test experience.
- Test experience with Civil Certification, Radar, EO/IR and Comm/Nav systems.
- Previous test pilot school instructional experience.
- FAA Commercial Pilot License; Single-Engine & Multi-Engine Airplane, Instrument & CFI ratings.
- EASA Category I Test Pilot rating and Flight Test Instructor rating.
- NVG Experience
NTPS offers a competitive salary, 401k retirement plan, and benefits package. There is occasional travel associated with this position for field trips, student projects, course presentation, and consulting.
Interested parties should provide cover letter and resume/CV to:
Nigel Speedy, Head of Training