T&E 4201 Avionics Systems Flight Testing
This course is offered once per year on-campus and once per year distance learning. The course is designed to provide the fundamental groundwork for all subsequent systems modules. An overview of testing integrated avionics systems is discussed. Software and avionics systems development and testing is explained. Types of Time, Space, Position Information (TSPI) and their relationship to flight test requirements are discussed. The basics of electrical circuits, electromagnetism and logic circuits are discussed. Data bus architecture and protocols shall be explained with an emphasis on MIL-STD-1553/SAE AS 15531. Data acquisition, correlation, merging and analysis with an inclination towards true versus predicted performance shall be explained.
Anticipated Course Learning Outcomes
Be familiar with:
- Avionic systems data bus specifications and regulations
- Electrical, electromagnetics and logic circuits as they relate to Avionics flight testing
- Cyber security impacts on avionics system flight testing
- Other types of Data Busses
- The unique problems associated with Avionics Systems Flight Testing
- Software test and configuration management principles
- Workload evaluation test techniques for Avionic systems.
- Workload data collection and data analysis procedures
- MIL-STD-1553B data bus architectures