The National Test Pilot School is the world’s leading total flight test training and education organization and we are looking to fill an Instrumentation Technician/Engineer position. You will work as part of a close team helping to train the next generation of international flight test professionals. The position involves flight test instrumentation systems maintenance, operation and development in support of our talented students and an amazing fleet of aircraft spanning the spectrum from light civil fixed-wing, helicopters and up to a Mach 2 fighter.
- Install, test and support aircraft flight test instrumentation systems to meet NTPS requirements.
- Support daily flight operations by assuring flight readiness of aircraft instrumentation and telemetry systems.
- Interact with flight test instructors and maintenance, for definition of requirements, installation, calibration and troubleshooting of instrumentation systems.
- Design flight test instrumentation systems to meet NTPS requirements.
- Develop software/programming for proper operation, data acquisition and data reduction.
- Develop and maintain systems for the checkout and ground calibration of flight test instrumentation.
- Communicate instrumentation issues and functional status.
- Coordinate with the personnel responsible for the control room the development and design of the displays, calibration files and configuration files.
- Prepare technical reports and other documentation required to describe the design and testing of the instrumentation.
- Prepare instrumentation procedures, checklists and provides recommendations for changes, resolving equipment and sensor selection problems.
- Assist in other duties as assigned in support of the NTPS mission.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering desired
- 5 years of related work experience.
Physical Requirements/Working Environments
- Standard 40-hour work week
- Able to work flexible hours as needed to support NTPS mission
- Able to perform lifting up to and including fifty pounds.
NTPS offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program. Benefits include: Company sponsored medical, dental and vision coverage (100% paid for employee), 401K with generous employer match, Paid Time Off (PTO) beginning at three weeks, 9 paid holidays, Life/AD&D Insurance (company provided) etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $27.00 - $34.00 per hour