Come and join the World’s Test Pilot School! The National Test Pilot School is the World’s Leading Total Flight Test Training and Education Organization and the only Accredited Test Pilot School.
NTPS is looking to hire an outstanding Flight Test Engineer Instructor to join our cadre of flight test professionals. You will work as part of a close team developing and delivering Performance, Flying Qualities and Systems flight test course material. In this role you will be teaching both ground and airborne instruction to test pilot and flight test engineer students. You can anticipate teaching all aspects of the Performance and Flying Qualities and Systems curriculum. You should have excellent interpersonal skills that will allow you to relate and work well with people with a wide range of experience and from diverse cultural backgrounds. You must be able to explain inherently complex subjects in a manner that can be assimilated and applied by all students.
Required Education, Training & Experience Criteria:
- Flight Test Engineer Graduate of an SETP recognized test pilot school (Full 12 month/Cat 1/Class A course).
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering in a field closely related to Flight Test Engineering
- Master’s degree in Engineering in a field closely related to Flight Test Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Flight Test Engineer.
- Fluent in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and engineering software tools.
Desired Education, Training & Experience Criteria:
- Ten years of flight testing experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a RW Performance and Flying Qualities Flight Test Engineer.
- Test experience with Civil Certification, Radar, EO/IR, NVG and Comm/Nav systems.
- Previous test pilot school or college instructional experience.
NTPS offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package to include relocation assistance. There is occasional travel associated with this position for field trips, student projects, course presentation, and consulting.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $170,000 - $190,000 per year