This course is offered once per year on-campus and once per year distance learning. This follow-on course to T&E 4103 is designed to provide an intensive overview of the methods used to make dynamic stability determinations of aircraft. (Prerequisite: Successful completion of T&E 4103).
Anticipated Course Larning Outcomes
Be Familiar with
- · The fundamentals of aircraft motion analysis and the equations of motion.
- · Aircraft coupling dynamics
- · Aircraft dynamics theory
- · Regulatory requirements pertaining to aircraft dynamics
- · Regulatory requirements pertaining to aircraft departure susceptibility, and spin recovery devices.
- · Flight test techniques used to quantitatively and qualitatively determine aircraft dynamics
- · Spin theory and flight test techniques
- · Closed-loop handling qualities testing and techniques.
- · How to determine the stall characteristics of an aircraft.