Join the World’s Test Pilot School (TPS) providing instruction for professional aviators and engineers to train in the science and discipline of Flight Test. NTPS represents several firsts in the Flight Test Education world:
- First TPS approved to award Master's Degrees.
- First TPS to be certified by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) as an Approved Training Organization (ATO) for Test Pilot training.
- First TPS to be institutionally accredited by the U.S. Department of Education (WSCUC)
- First TPS to obtain ISO-9001-2015 certification. Small class sizes ensure quality instruction and attention to student needs. Students are typically hand-picked and represent a cross section of U.S. international partners with most being officers in an allied military service.
- Work as part of a team developing and delivering flight test course material both live on-campus and live/recorded video for distance learning.
- Teach all aspects of both academic and airborne instruction of the Performance, Flying Qualities and Systems curriculum to both Test Pilot and Flight Test Engineer students.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience (Required)
- Candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills that will allow you to work well with people having a wide range of experience and diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Candidates must be able to explain complex subjects in a manner that can be assimilated and applied by all students.
- Aeronautical Engineering knowledge and classroom presentation skills are required.
- English language fluency.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a Flight Test Engineer
- Must be able to qualify for FAA Medical 3rd Class.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience (Preferred)
- 10+ years of flight test experience
- Previous Test Pilot School instructional experience
- Test experience with Civil Certification, Radar, EO/IR, Comm/Nav, and/or weapons systems.
- UAV experience
- Simulator knowledge
- Software coding skills.
- Practical experience in Aeronautical Engineering design or research.
Education/ Professional Certification Requirements
- Graduate of a Society of Experimental Test Pilots at a recognized Test Pilot School
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or field closely associated with flight testing.
- Master's Degree in Engineering or a field closely associated with flight testing preferred.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental and vision insurance, Paid Time Off starting at 120 hours per year, 401K with generous employer match and relocation assistance.
Interested parties should provide a cover letter and resume/CV to: